1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email Problems With Reply & Forward

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by LADYDI241, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LADYDI241

LADYDI241 Thread Starter

I use Comcast Webmail. I can both receive & send Email's. What I cannot do is forward or reply to an Email I have received. If I forward an Email to you that I had received you would only receive what I may have written, and not see the original message. If I reply to a message that you sent to me, again you can only see what I wrote, and not what your original message was, in fact, when I reply I cannot see your origianl message in the window that I am typing in either. I have contacted Comcast Tech Support many times, nothing they have asked me to do has worked.
    I have no problem if I use Yahoo or Gmail, but I would prefer to use Comcast. Yes, it did at one time work just fine, now it isn't.
    I use IE6, cable, wireless, XP - SP2.

2. hewee

hewee

You sure your reply is not as a attachment?
    Go to PREFERENCES: Formatting Email

I have these with a checkmark by them.

When replying include the original email message as:
    Inline text in the body of the message

When forwarding include the original email message as:

Inline text in the body of the message

You may have "Nothing (don't include original email message)" with a checkmark by it.

3. LADYDI241

LADYDI241 Thread Starter

My preferences have been checked, and re-checked again, and they are set A-OK. That is not the problem Thank you, anyway.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/575269