1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email reads from Bottom to Top!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dedee44, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dedee44

dedee44 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dedee
    My brother is having trouble with his computer or monitor, I am not really sure which LOL I have not come across this problem before so I am at a total loss.

He says his monitor (when he is writing and email) reads from the bottom to the top, instead of normally from the top to the bottom. This is so strange and all I could figure was maybe he had changed the page orientation or something. If he had, how do we change it back to normal? (He uses Yahoo email)

He is running Windows XP and doesn't know a lot about computers. I am long distance from him and will have to tell him what to do to it.so I do not have access to it myself. Has anyone ever had this problem before? Can it be fixed? Help!!! Please.... Thank You for any input. DeAnna

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

If the monitor is displaying everything upside down try pressing the CTRL ALT Up-Arrow keys.

3. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

It doesn't sound like dedee44 is saying it's upside down.....but that the writing BEGINS at the bottom of the screen and works its way up the screen as they are typing, but that otherwise it is normal.

4. dedee44

dedee44 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dedee
    Laura MJ this is correct....I have never come across this problem before :)

5. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

dedee, Found this doing a search. Maybe it will help.

click on OPTIONS....MAIL OPTIONS...you will be in the GENERAL MODE..go down to MESSAGE ORDERING and make sure the dot is in the circle to the left of DEFAULT....DESCENDING BY DATE.....go above and click on SAVE CHANGES....that should do it.

NOTE; please remember to pick a best answer by clicking on the THUMBS UP at the end of the answer you choose....thanx

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090701153530AAsmHyB

Tufenuf

6. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Hmmm.....on my email, that type of option simply changes the order in which all the messages in the inbox is displayed.

7. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

LauraMJ, You're probably correct on that. I've never seen the problem that dedee posted.

Tufenuf

8. jdl

jdl

To fully evaluate this problem, it would help if we knew which email program your brother is using. This is most likely a problem specific to that program.

To allow you better ability to solve this problem for him, and other problems that may develop in the future, you both may want to consider LogMeIn Free. This program allows you to log in and run his computer (from your computer) as if you were sitting in front of his monitor. I've used this program for many years to help family members with computer problems. Read about it here.

9. dedee44

dedee44 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dedee
    Tufenuf: this will just rearrange the way which the email is delivered, not what our problem is...but thanks anyway. :) Dedee

10. dedee44

dedee44 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dedee
    OK my brother is using Micro soft Windows XP he goes to Yahoo and uses Yahoo email. This is all happening in his Yahoo email program.

Thanks for the LogMeIn advise! I did not know there was such a thing but I can assure you I will check it out! It sounds fantastic! Just what I need...Is it an easy program to comprehend? Does it give me directions? Thanks so much! If I am able to use this program it would be invaluable to me LOL.

11. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

I use something similar to Logmein.......but the one I use is TeamViewer. I've used it for years and the "other end" for the remote computer is extremely simple for the person to start. I know, because my mother lends me out to her friends. :rolleyes: These old ladies can barely turn on the computer, lol.

12. dedee44

dedee44 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dedee
    Sounds great Laura just what I need :) Is the TeamViewer Free?

13. jdl

jdl

Go here and follow the steps from top to bottom. It may be as simple as emptying the cache and cookies or trying another version of Yahoo mail. If none of those help steps work, click on the contact us button and see if Yahoo can help you. I can't find any references to this problem.

As to LogMeIn free:

Go here to create an account. You will want to check the first button to access your bother's remote computer. Follow the instructions from there. Logmein pro will eventually revert to logmein free.

Since you will not be at your brother's computer, have him log in, on his computer, to your account using your email and password and click Add a Computer. He will download and install the LogMeIn program.

After that is done, you can log into your account and his computer will be listed as one of your remotes. Click on that computer and log into his computer. You will need to know his windows login.

You will then connect and see his computer screen. Using your mouse and keyboard, you will be able to operate his computer.

You can use the same procedure for anyone else you wish to help.

Please let me know if any of this helps so others can be assisted if similar problems arise.

14. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Yes, it's free for personal use, though there is a paid for version for corporate use. :)

15. dedee44

dedee44 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dedee
    JDI ....thank u so much! I have downloaded the Log Me In but I am away from home now and can'r help my brother till I return and can be able to concentrate on it LOL I will definately give it a try. Dedee

Laura I may try that program too. Thanks so much for the help...I can use all the suggestions I can get. Right now I am helping (on an off) 7 family & friends every time they have a computer problem LOL Dedee

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice