1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email Receiving Problems.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by adinunzio10, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adinunzio10

adinunzio10 Thread Starter

Another problem I am running into is on my godaddy hosting account we have 7 employees with there own email with all but one in the US. I don't know if it is just a coincidence but the employee residing in Canada seems to have problems a lot with receiving emails, even from me who is on the same host and domain. There is no significance to why some emails are not being received by her from me or other people but then some do. No bounce backs or errors when sending receiving so have no idea what the cause is. She is running Windows 7 using outlook 2007.
    Thanks in advance,
    Alfredo

2. adinunzio10

Bounce, anyone have any ideas? still having these problems, still more emails not going through but some do, from the same ppl and no difference between the two emails.

3. KristineHabeck

KristineHabeck

Perhaps the allotted email quota to your account exceeded. This might be also causing the problem. Make sure you delete few old mails. If problem is not related to with email quota, then check the MX record of your domain name. The mail exchange record which is a part of your DNS zone and it figures out which server is currently handling your emails. Use the following website to check MX record.

If you notice any configuration mistake; you should contact your service provider to change the record correct one.

4. adinunzio10

Thanks for the response, the emails are under an unlimited plan so no quota, the only limits I see are SMTP relays.
    I did mxtoolbox and everything seems to check out fine. can't figure this out, she is still coming into problems and godaddy has been no help to me.

5. adinunzio10

No problems with Quota, on an unlimited account ,still having problems receiving messages that should not be causing problems.. any ideas?

6. Rockn

Rockn

Set up an account locally on your computer in Outlook for the user that cannot access email and see if it works. If it works on your end there is a configuration problem on their end.

7. adinunzio10

Yeah my assumption was its on their end ,we have many accounts set up that work fine its only hers that is having problems. I am just unsure about what on her end is cuasing these problems and what to do to fixit.

8. Rockn

Rockn

Try and set it up on your end first and then you will have an idea of the way it is supposed to be properly set up. Then use something like TeamViewer to connect remotely and see if everything is set up properly.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024410

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice