1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email Rendering Conflict Vista and Office 2003 Outlook

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Ridge Runner, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner Thread Starter

In January 2008 I installed a new hard drive on my computer and uploaded Vista Business, reinstalled Office 2003 Suite. I was told there should be no conflict between the two. The first time I opened Office 2003 Outlook, I noted a problem. Certain incoming e-mails were not rendering properly; they rendered in raw format instead of rendered format.

When I opened the e-mail, the first thing I would see was the expanded header in the body of the e-mail where it should not be; next came the body of the message that I should see if the e-mail rendered properly; next came the html source coding.

These e-mails are a mess. There seems to be a few hints to the problem. First of all, all these incoming e-mails have my e-mail address in the bcc field. Second, the e-mails are in MIME format. Some of the e-mails actually come in with a message below the expanded header that states, "This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible."

I have contacted Microsoft about this problem; they aren't interested. I've tried talking to their tech support people in India about this problem but they do not have sufficient command of the English Language to be able to discuss it intelligently. Judging from the Microsoft User Forum, this problem is more wide-spread than Microsoft would like to acknowledge.

I've done everything I can think of to resolve this issue. Nothing seems to work. I recently had a new motherboard and processor installed, Vista and Office 2003 Suite reinstalled. My system is totally updated. The problem is still there.

I ran Office 2003 Suite previously on XP Pro and had no problems. The problem only surfaced when I installed Vista as my OS.

Any suggestions?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Please explain "uploaded Vista Business"?

3. Ridge Runner

Maybe I should have used the word "installed" instead of uploaded.

One more thing I forgot to include last night. I'm using a POP3 server for e-mail.

4. blumoon

blumoon

In my travels trying to find the answer to the problem in the thread I started here, I have seen there is a hotfix for your problem. I don't have too many details, as it was not helping my problem.
    But perhaps this would direct you to a solution. I am the sender-so what I am looking for is a workaround for sending html mail.
    Let us know if you find a solution-I would be curious to know the answer to this.

5. Ridge Runner

The strange code you show at the first link, blumoon, is what I am getting from some newsletters sent to me.

The second link you provided is to the list of "hot fixes" included Vista Service Pack One. Vista SP1 downloaded and installed automatically on my computer a couple weeks ago. Didn't help. If there is another hot fix that you've come across, and you come across it again, would you let me know.

Believe it or not, this is the second response submitted In the first one, I tried to include a copy of one of the strange e-mails. The web form apparently didn't like the e-mail and threw it out ... goes to show how bad the problem is!!!! I'm just glad it didn't do anything more serious, like screw up the website. That would have really ticked me off. :mad:

Microsoft needs to address this. That they aren't suggests they are hoping those afflicted will upgrade to Office 2007 so they can make more money.

6. blumoon

blumoon

Yes it is frustrating, hopefully someone will stop in here who knows somwthing more. The scary part for me is I am about to embark on buying a new computer-and looks like it is going to have to be Vista OS. I don't use many business applications, but I do use email-but I will be configuring Thunderbird.

7. Ridge Runner

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice