1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email server

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cmed, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

I used to use outlook express but now use netscape email program--Some times I would like to use outlook express for one reason or annother---It asks if I want to made it my default email by just clicking yes or no---If I do that and I want to change back to netscape is it that simple to switch back to netscape email by just clicking default yes or no---I know, this is one of those dumb questions but aren't they easy to answer---I'm not going to make the switch if it causes me a problem of the switch back to netscape--Thanks

2. bestshotdude

bestshotdude

I do the same as you for my email. When that window comes up just click on "No" but don't check the "Don't ask again" as you never know, you might want to change your mind and I think it is easier for the 5 seconds it takes to go through those steps than change the properties settings later.

3. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

Do you mean you use both Netscape and IE for email?If I check Ie to make it my default mail program by clicking yes and I want to change back to Netscape what do I have to do? Will I see a memo to click yes or no to make Netscape my default again when going back to Netscape? Should I uncheck the "don't ask again" if it is checked?
    I hope this isn't too confusing to understand what I'm trying to do. I'll certainly understand if I have confused you. Thanks for replying Bestshotdude--

4. bestshotdude

bestshotdude

I guess maybe I wasn't that clear either. If you have Netscape set up as your default e-mail already and you want to use I.E. then you will get that question box about wanting to change your default. Just click no and go on and use I.E. and know that as long as you do that Netscape will always remain your default mail program. The minute you click on yes, I.E. will take over and then you have to go in and change your preferences back. Just always answer no and Netscape will remain your default mail for now and always. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

5. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

Thanks. You cleared it up---

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65768

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice