Email sign up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ertech

I was just wondering how hard it would be to make a web page that you can submit email addresses to and it stores them into a database to where i can send out news emails to everyone who has signed up. Any insight would be nice and appreciated

Thanks
Erick

You could make a form where they enter their email address, and it emails it to you

You could use a free, ad supported mailing list service (easy)

You could use a CGI where they enter their email and it saves to a text file

ertech

So im assuming there is no real way to have emails directly stored into a database or list, or there is but its not an easy task. If what i assume is correct then thank you very much for your help!!! if not let me know

Thank you much
Erick Collins

Having them automatically saved into a text file is a database.
You dont need an multithousand dollar Oracle database to keep track of email addresses and send a message to them all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online