1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email Software

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by wacpt, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wacpt

wacpt Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me of a simple to use email program that can handle large amounts of messages (& large folder sizes) without any problems. Currently using OE5 , inbox is 435Mb with 7662 messages. These are moved to respective folders reducing message count and file size.

Too many folders take up too much resources and regularly locks up.

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I use Outlook 2002 (XP) for mine. My mailbox is currently just over 1GB (I keep EVERYTHING)... I've only had problems when doing a full-message search in really big folders... it goes VERY slowly at times.

3. wacpt

wacpt Thread Starter

Thanks Techguy

I also use XP and Outlook, but my client has only allowed me to upgrade him to Win98SE from Win95 in Oct 2001.

He hates technology even though he relies on it so much and he hates change.
    There is always one

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice