1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email stuck in outgoing folder outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by raphif, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raphif

raphif Thread Starter

Hi All,
    I'm attempting to send from my Outlook 2003 an email with file attachment (1MB) but the ,mail remains in the outgoing folder. MY OS system is XP Home.
    The recipient receives the message (I sent it to another email I own) but on my side the mail remains in the folder listed above. In the send process the Outbox send/Receive progress detail dialogue box indicates that it's processing my request but not completed. Part of the time the following message appears "``Sending and Receiving` reported error (0x8004210B): `The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)"
    I tried to fix the problem by:
    1) exit anti-virus prog. (BitDefender)
    2) remove and add my POP3 email account. Also performed the "test account settings" and it went well but the problem persists.
    Can someone assist me?
    Thanks,
    Rafael

2. OBP

OBP

Rafael, when you say that the email recipient (your other account) receives the email, does it also receive the Attachment?
    Is the attachment "zipped", if not then zip it to drastically reduce it's size.
    Are you with NTL by any chance?
    Has your ISP got an "outgoing" limit on the size of attachments?
    I would suggest that you have look at a "free" Google email account for sending and receiving large attachments.

3. slurpee55

slurpee55

According to Microsoft, "This problem occurs when your mail server requires both Secure Sockets Layer security (SSL) and Secure Password Authentication (SPA)."
    Check this link for a fix:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827349

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice