eMail Text Out of Whack...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TechnicallySavvyIsh

Okay so first, thanks for existing and all, as I can imagine you've all helped a lot of users \ people out! Second, this should be an interesting one, or not, but you tell me...

A friend has a problem that as techy as I say to everyone that I am, I find myself at a loss. She had an email exchange that went back and fourth for a few months, lots of text, and she wants to copy and paste it to a word \ .doc file. The problem is, either from her end or her friend's, the text got messed up... This is how it looks as I went lower and lower in the email thread:

xxxxxx xx xxx xxxxxxx

aaaaaaa aaa, aaaaaa aaaa aa aa
TTT

lmnop qr st

uvwxyz.

It started off normal enough, but like I said, as I went down it looked like that, (sans the random letters I used.) The spacing was way off as well. So I copied and pasted it in word and tried to realign the body, nothing. Same with other basic office programs, still no luck. I even tried to fudge around in the browser through the email body and again, nothing. So I'm curious if there's any advice \ options here to get this text back to normal? Thanks in advance!

Oddba11

Jim
It would appear that at some step of the process it was corrupted. You could try again to import into file, but I doubt you can fix the existing document. And depending on the email program used, you don't need to copy and paste. In Outlook, for example, you can "save as" and select "txt" file.

TechnicallySavvyIsh

@Oddba11 - Hey thanks for the response! So yes, I can definitely see that it just got really busted somewhere... It's yahoo mail and it's A LOT of text! So hand holding as this will sound, how do you mean import into file?

See I suppose the hope was to just be able to copy and paste the massive amount of text into any number of programs, and just be able to realign it into a more readable file.

Oddba11

Jim
So a few things:

1) The existing file is likely toast. If you copy/paste into another application, it won't magically know what that text used to be. It will very likely just remain the same gibberish that you currently see. Nothing lost in trying.

2) I've not used Yahoo in years, so I don't know what options are available. But there may be a "save as" option (as I noted above with Outlook).

import would be "file open" in whatever app you are using.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online