1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email Transfer To Wix, Inboxes died

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DeeMan1991, Dec 18, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. DeeMan1991

DeeMan1991 Thread Starter

Hey Fam,

Trying to help out a friend who's tech helper has messed everything up. They use to have email accounts hosted through their website developers on wordpress. They had someone come along to help them with their transfer to wix because their websites need constant updating and they want to be able to do it themselves. When the transfer occured they recreated their email addresses via wix and since then the emails haven't come through.

They use gsuite to access their emails and since they run their own company they've always had a bunch of email addresses forwarding into the accounts but all of the forwards have died as well. And when I log directly into any of the email addresses you can see that the emails worked sporatically for about a week after transfer and since then nothing is coming through.

I have access to all their old cpanels and all of their email accounts but I don't know enough to diagnose the problem. When I log into the cpanel I can see all the email addresses listed there but I feel like they shouldn't be if they're now hosted with wix. But I don't want to touch anything futher and make bigger problems until I get some better ideas as to what I should fix.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What domain servers are these emails on?

3. DeeMan1991

They were on a private server from my understanding that the old web developers had.

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    I wanted to know what the email address it self is, @aol, @livemail, and etc?
    I do not want to see the part before the @.

5. DeeMan1991

it's @laughterhouseentertainment.com , they have their own mailboxes with their own domain they are not @aol, @live @hotmail etc.

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Who is hosting the sites and providing the email service now that they have moved their web site?

7. DeeMan1991

Wix is hosting and the mailboxes were set up with them as well.

8. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    If the mail was transferred from one hosting company to another you may need to create a MX record pointing to the new server. For example if Yourdomain.com was hosted on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address and now it's been moved to a different one with a yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy IP. The "public" MX record will tell DNS where to send emails associated with that domain.

Of course it's possible that your issue is something different. If so, please ignore the above.

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Yeah it looks like Wix is now the email host and not the previous one so now all the email clients will have the incorrect server information. Short answer is check with Wix what the email server information and change that in the clients.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220681

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice