Email validation code

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fpmm25

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up a html contact us form which has asking for your name, email and comment. What is the code to validate their email address so people who make mistakes and don't type in the correct email address, get given a notice that they have typed in the incorrect email address.
Which is better to use javascript or php?
If I used javascript, is their code that doesn't bring up the debugging notice?

Hope you can help.

Please advise.

Hi fpmm25,

You shouldn't worry if the user's email address is correct.
When the user has filled the form, then send a message with an activation code to the specified address.
When the user really wants to be registered, he will have to insert the activation code he got from the message.

fpmm25

Hi

Regarding the activation code, I don't have this. I'm not sure if I explained this properly. The contact us form is the form used for people to ask me questions and I would need their email address to reply back to them. If they typed in the wrong email or none at all, I couldn't reply to them. So I need to set up either a java script or php script for the form.

Are you able to help?

There are two examples of Javascript coding here .

For PHP, just check the following page , there is also an example of connection to mail server.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online