email with no sender??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pc_loser

I've been getting alot of mail lately from Microsoft this and Microsoft that, telling me to download a "critical patch." There seems to be the same form letter, but the attachments have different names, all followed by .exe. Now I'm not stupid, I get all the updates I need, and I always delete these emails. They actually go to my bulk folder in Yahoo mail, and lately I've been just emptying the folder without checking who the mail is from.

Well...today I got an email in my inbox this time. I didn't open it though, because there was nothing in the "sender" column, and the subject read only "letter." What I want to know is how I even GOT the email if there was no sender??

Thanks in advance.

easy enough to do - spoof the sender as a blank, same way mass mailers and virii spoof all the other headers

yahoo has been getting hit real hard with the 'ms attachment - swen virus' emails - vicious circle as they keep recycling

i use yahoo as a throw away and have to clean out the bulk mail 2-3 times a day or else it fills up

hopefully the *ahem* users will wise up and realize they have a nasty virus

keep deleting them, turn the bulk mail filter on, keep your AV up to date (even though yahoo uses an AV filter before you download)

like bad food - this too will pass ;)

pc_loser

I too am emptying my Yahoo mail several times a day. And yes, I do hope it passes. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online