1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by oldguy100, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oldguy100

oldguy100 Thread Starter

I just got a new computer with windows 8.1 and I was using vista on my old unit. I have been using Hotmail since I first started using a computer now with the new machine is will not let me have my old folders and my favorites list . Is there any easy way to get these things back on my 8.1? I have been told many different things and ways to do this but a lot of it I don't understand. I would like some help if possible. at the top of this message box is a note that says download TSG SysInfo and I really don't know how to do it.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    How did you access you Hotmail account on the Vista machine?

3. oldguy100

oldguy100 Thread Starter

I just went to internet explorer and hit on Hotmail. and I had a little Hotmail thing in the row of things at the bottom of the page on the left hand side of the screen. I t would come out as windows Hotmail 2011.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't understand the "windows Hotmail 2011" bit, but Windows 8.1 includes Internet Explorer--two different versions in fact, the desktop one and a "Windows Store" version.

5. oldguy100

oldguy100 Thread Starter

because I am a old guy I really don't understand much if not all of what is being said. I am the worst at understanding how these machines work. But you can't go without them anymore. Anyway I'm just gona kiss those folders and the fav list good by. This whole thing is just to hard on my brain and takes away my time.
    So thank you everyone for the replys. oldguy100

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice