1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sgb, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sgb

sgb Thread Starter

hello,
    help I am having problems with my norton antivius progam, I would keep getting outgoing mail promt in the middle of anything i would do. and i could not close it so i had to minimze then when i minize one i had to do it three or four times. then it said couldn't send email an error came up and that kept comming up. had to click ok , than it came back again this just kept happening until i uninstalled it , so i do not have norton virus on my computer and its not doing it now. if i install it again the problem is still there. what do i do, ? system is windows 98 se with internet explorer. :confused: please help i am still a beginer and not sure of how to do things. tks sgb
    ps I think it started when i went to view my email .....it s i think its maybe looping

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

You did exactly the right thing uninstalling NAV and restarting your computer. It doesn't scan incoming or outgoing e-mail but it's just as good as NAV. I personally use it. Please click on the colored AntiVir link below; Click the Download button; Click the red/black AntiVir icon to start the download. Download done? - double-click the download's icon to install AntiVir. You update AntiVir by being on-line; clicking the red umbrella System Tray icon; Pointing to Start Internet Update; clicking the Updater's Start button.

NAV should have been sold with a can of bugspray. Very hard to maintain.

Just use AntiVir and don't read any e-mail atachment from any sender.

3. sgb

sgb Thread Starter

can i re instal nav again, because i want someting to scan my emails. by reinstalling it would i have the same problem? and can i correct it . I never had this problem before. thks sgb

4. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Oh hell yea, you can re-install NAV again sure. As long as you've restarted your computer between install/uninstall. Some folks just prefer that name brand full featured stuff, very understandable. NAV is the premium AV product out there, you bet. Sorry 4 the delay in answering. I'd either use NAV for a commercial product or AntiVir for a free one.

I can't say if you won't have the same problem or type of issues arise like you had before :( but uninstalling NAV, restarting; re-install would have been the first thing I'd have tried to resolve this issue if it were me.

I just recommended AntiVir because of the cost and it's less buggy than NAV, I know from personal experience.

Reply back as to how it goes.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice