1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mammy, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mammy

mammy Thread Starter

I am having a problem with my email. I can not send out any email. It all goes into the Outbox and remains there no matter how many times I try to remail it. I have no problem receiving email. I use Outlook Express. I have attempted to troubleshoot with my ISP provider, but because of the language barrier most of their employees have I have had a difficult time trying to resolve this problem. I do not receive any error messages at all. Sure could use some help. Thank you in advance.

2. valis

valis Moderator

how many messages do you have total? Try clearing some of them out and rebooting. Someone, I think it was JW, posted a registry hack to fix that problem (too much email); let me see what I can track down.

3. mammy

mammy Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. I have rebotted and tried to mail out email sitting in the Outbox. My inbox only contains 12 email and sitting in the Outbox are 5 email. No matter how many times I reboot and attempt to remail nothing happens. Thanks again

4. Augie65

Augie65

Make sure that you don't have your anti-virus scanning outgoing mail. This is not necessary.
    You might check the configuration of your email account in Outlook Express, specifically with the outgoing (SMTP) server properties, but usually you get an error message with this.

5. alanxxxx

alanxxxx

I have recently been troubled by the same problem that many members have reported, i.e. messages staying in the 'Outbox' even though they have actually been sent. I had never encountered this problem before and neither my ISP nor my normal technical help were of any use. However, trawling through the answers on this forum has been very helpful. Anti-spam and firewall made no difference, but the thing that has sorted it out is to reduce the number of messages in my 'Sent' box. Having done that all is well!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485222

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice