Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

email

709 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DoyceJ 
#1 ·
windows 98. I use outlook express for my email and i have 2 email adresss' Hotmail and yahoo. and it is outlook express 6. Under Hotmail i get lots of double emails ( 2 of the same) So if i get 12 new emails i get 24 of them. But this happens most of the time but not all the time. Also when i delete them they delete very slowly and sometimes i get an error message when i delete them. Now under my Yahoo email on Outlook express i never get doubles and i never have a problem deleting them. What is happening?

#3 ·
You're on track db.

The bug appears when you have more than one POP3 mail account on one server, and any of the accounts use the "Leave on Server" option. To use more than one POP3 account on one server, disable "leave on Server" or only use one POP3 account on that server with each instance of the OE client (per windows instance or per machine.) If you enter the IP address for your pop server in Accounts/Mail for those mail accounts where you wish to leave the message on the server and the alias name for your pop server in Accounts/Mail for those mail accounts where you are not leaving the messages on the server. This little fudge, whilst still accessing the same server, seems to overcome the present problems. If you don't know the IP address for your server then may I suggest you ping the server using its alias from a DOS box. This will then report the full IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.