1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

emailing a pps file

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by grandpaw7, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

I hope this is the right place forthis. I have on my computer a pps file 1.54 MB. I find a Web Publishing Wizrad which apparently I could use if the file was not over 1 MB. But I'm wondering if there is some way I can send this file? I know very little about how to deal with graphics. grandpaw7

2. Deon555

Deon555

hi Grandpaw7

- If you have a Yahoo! account, you can store large files in your Y! Breifcase
    - If you only need to send it once, you can set up a 'Online Storage' place for free at "www.flipdrive.com" - Free only for 30 days but u get 1GB!
    - Also take a look at "www.freewebspace.net/guide/diskstorage.shtml"
    - Or, if you need it several times or need it long into the future you can have a look at "www.business.com/directory/internet_and_online/personal_web_tools/virtual_disk_drives/ -" for some paid online storage centres.

But Y! Breifcase is your best bet. Sign up if you don't already have an account with Yahoo!

hope i havent given you too many web references, but it's easier to point you to the site, rather than give you every bit of info from that page.

HTH

Deon

3. linskyjack

linskyjack

Have tried compressing the file using Winzip?

4. chatterjee

chatterjee

I think you should upload the file to a web host and then share it.I think Filefront will suit you.It has unlimited space,they will never delete your file unless it conflicts their terms of services.Moreover,it's free.

If you want to share it for just once give Rapidshare a try.It's very fast.

5. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

Thanks to Deon, linskyjack, and chatterjee for such good help. You folks are great! grandpaw7

6. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy grandpaw7

did you solve the puzzle... ?

If so...how about sharing it with us... :rolleyes:

buck

7. chatterjee

chatterjee

@buck52,which puzzle??

8. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

I was able to get the pps file on Rapidshare and get a link for sharing it with others. In case you might want to see something rather nice, it is as : http://rapidshare.de/files/11618178/ChristmasBlessings2005.pps.html

I wasn't able to get Filefront to work for me. I got the file uploaded and I was able to download it myself but I could get it on Filefront. When trying to submit the file, I got to a place where there were a list of file types to choose from (which didh't include anything about pps) and another place to choose from a list of Software, none of which I recognized. So I wasn't able to complete the submission form.

Perhaps someone could tell me how to do that?

I did get the file zipped but I wasn't sure what to do with it then. I'm going to fool around with that a little more.

I really got a lot of good help, for which I am grateful.

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I shy away from doing technical things on my computer and so had to find a moment where I was willing to plunge in.

grandpaw

9. RT

RT

Hi there grandpaw
    Do you mean send it via email? The zipped file, I mean..if you have zipped the thing successfully, just attach the the pps file to the email before you hit "send" (drag and drop should work).

The recipient should have a way of viewing pps files, by the way.
    They must have PowerPoint or a viewer installed to be able to see the presentation.
    Plus a way to unzip the file... :)

10. RT

RT

OH, and I clicked around on your RapidShare link, and I could find nothing other than the site wanting me to upload something and subsribe for a price :(

Was looking foward to seeing something nice.:confused:

EDIT
    Oh wait, Never mind I can see it now...

Very Nice.

End EDIT

11. chatterjee

chatterjee

At filefront you have to register first,and then you have to go to the upload file option.

BTW,your presentation is damn good.....fantastic....excellent.Men always can see themselves in grief and agony...evnthough they have money,they have happiness....they always envy others.You presentation will give them a new outlook.Congratulations on creating such a damn good presentation,it's really worth sharing.BTW,I'm begging you for the permission to share it with my friends.Could you please allow me to do so?

12. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Chatterjee, the pps file was created by a person called "Peggy Pan" at Warner Lambert (Guangzhou) Ltd in China, on 13 December 2000.

Perhaps you should be asking "her"....

13. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

RT, winzip worked fine when I followed you advice. Thanks for the "heads up". That is really an easy way to send the presentation.

chatterjee, I"m glad you enjoyed it.

grandpaw7

14. RT

RT

You're welcome, grandpaw (y)

15. chatterjee

chatterjee

Yes,I've enjoyed it very much.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice