Emailing in Word 2000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dingus

I have Windows ME, Word 2000 and Outlook Express.

When I Email from Word the Email is placed in the 'out box' OK but Word then hangs. I then have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to stop Word, which Ctrl-Alt-Del reports as 'not responding'

Can anyone help me with this one. :(

Anne Troy

Anne
First, make sure that OE is being seen as the email program:
Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools-Internet options, Programs tab and look. Make sure email is OE, and not Outlook.

Second, try Troubleshooting Word:

www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm

Third, try repairing OE via Control Panel-Add/remove programs. Choose OE (or is that IE?) and you should get the option to repair.

Let me know how it works out!

M

MadDogMugsy

Hi all
... just wanted to butt in and say that when I set my Internet Explorer default to use Outlook or Outlook Express as my Program, I caught it trying to send out my eMail address without justification while surfing (many many times! - Norton Internet Security caught it). I was not able to resolve this, even with the fab support in here.
As I don't want my ISP eMail address sent out willy-nilly without my knowledge, I set it to HotMail.

I decided it was more secure, and less hassle, for me to send out Word docs (or any) as an attachment, instead of from within programs.
... so my 2 cents - make sure you have some sort of protection for yourself so you are alerted to this kind of thing.

cheers
MDM

Dingus

Dreamboat thanks, an excellent site where I found loads of stuff I always wanted but unfortunately not the answer to my problem.
Madgod thanks for the warning.

Still looking. :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online