emailing photos

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

franca

by Adam Cochran

Today's high megapixel digital cameras can take high resolution photos just incase you want to crop or print the photo, but emailing photos this size can take forever with a dial-up connection.

Once the large photo arrives to the addressee the problem continues when the photo is too large to fit the screen and printing is tough as well (see Tip #88).

Enter the nifty and free Pic2Mail utility. This program allows you to easily resize a copy of the photo so that it fits on the screen and email's quickly.

Here's how it works:

Download and install the program
Double click on the Pic2Mail icon on your desktop
Click the "Browse" button at the top of the window that pops up
Navigate to where your photos are that you want to resize (this will not harm or alter these original photos).
Click on the photos in the list that comes up in the top left window
Click Add for each photo that you want to resize or click Add All to resize all photos in the folder
Once you have the list completed, click on the Process button at the bottom middle of the window
Copies of your newly resized photos will be stored in a folder on your desktop called Pic2Mail Photos (unless you have told your computer otherwise).
Each photo will be resized to less than 50k. This size of photo can easily be mailed. In fact, you can probably email as many as 10 photos this size in a single email without any significant slow down for the sender or receiver.

franca

Thanks Hewee.

I posted it right after when i realized what i had done.

Your welcome :)

Yes I seen you post the link but it was in a new thread. :p

Yea and now your be able to get some sleep knowing you can close both eyes. :D :D

franca

Oh !!!!!! i don't no about that.

This guy hewee runs a tight ship.

Better to be safe than sorry. LOL.

franca

Know that you mention it my feet do feel a bit wet, ( Yikes !!! SOS ).

Hello,

Silly people! ;)

May I join in? I've got Wellington's (rubber boots) you can share if you like! :D

Hope you are well, hewee and franca - see you around. Just going to read this thread from the beginning. Perhaps I will gain some insight from it!! :rolleyes: :p :D

Bye,
Penny. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online