Solved Emails everywhere

perihelio

I (my system) over several years has been (unknown to me) saving emails...none of which I need or want. The system has well over 300,00 bogging down my system. Deleting them, even in larger groups is taking me forever. What I'd like to know is....and I need an MS-DOS guru for this one...is that if I go into MS-DOS and go DEL *.eml* if my Win 10 OS and system an handle such a large ask. Thanks.

Fireflycph

Morten
Yes, a command prompt should handle such a task. You'd want to use it with the "/s /q" (include subdirectories and quiet) switches. Just note that it can take quite a long time to finish.

If the emails are located in folders it may be easier to delete the folder(s). But obviously that'll delete everything in them, not just files with that extension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online