1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Emails hard to read

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ernieb, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ernieb

ernieb Thread Starter

I have Win XP Pro and use Outlook Express. In the past, I received emails and could open them and read them. In the past couple of months, I've gotten emails with attachments that are unreadable. They are full of characters and when I scroll down, I get a huge amount of garbage. There is a message box saying that I have to open Folder Options and create a program from a list that will read this junk.
    What happened? I didn't have this problem before. How do i associate a program?
    Any help would be very appreciated.

2. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

What are the extensions of the attachments? :)

Did you uninstall any software recently?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/501732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice