1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Emails sent from outlook making other emails disappear

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JennieL, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JennieL

JennieL Thread Starter

Hi All,

Thanks for reading. I have a web based email which is a 123 webmail one. Up until late last week I was receiving emails no problem since then I have had nothing. It's not that I am unpopular. :p

I have narrowed the problem down to... I can receive emails sent from Google, Yahoo and Hotmail emails. But whenever an email is sent through outlook this outlook email not only does not arrive but it deletes everything else in my inbox.

My head is about to explode with frustration. I don't know what to do or how to solve this. :confused:

Looking for inspiration from anywhere.

Jen

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Not sure why mail being sent through Outlook is not actually being sent. Does it report any errors when sending? Are the messages shown as being sent?

If you are having Outlook check for new incoming e-mails on your email account(s), it may be downloading them to your computer and then deleting them from the server. There should be an advanced options setting in Outlook to have it leave incoming messages on the server.

3. JennieL

JennieL Thread Starter

I'm only accessing this email via a browser. It's when customers send me emails from an outlook all other emails in the inbox get deleted.

Thanks for thinking of my problem.

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

Sorry about that. I misunderstood your post and thought you were using Outlook to access your email account.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/981124