1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Embed HTML Page in Email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tlmm, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlmm

tlmm Thread Starter

I have an HTML page which is a newsletter. I want to be able to add it to an email message so I can email it to people. I want it to be in the body of the email, not sent as an attachment.

There is a .htm page, several images, and a .css page. I need all of these to be embedded for the page to work correctly. I can put the styles from the .css file into the html page, but I still need to know how to embed the images.

I tried creating stationary, but it didn't put the images in the email.

I know it is possible to do this. Can someone give me some pointers as to how to get an HTML page along with several images into an email message.

I am currently using Outlook 2003.

Thanks!

2. Monstrous Mi

Monstrous Mi

This is just a quick answer without any digging so bear with me.

I believe that if your images are located on a webserver on the Internet, then all you have to do is use their location in the html content of your email. You need to use the entire URL.

3. tlmm

tlmm Thread Starter

I have managed to get the newsletter into email format and almost working. I open the html file in Word and File - Send To - Mail Recipient. This works correctly.

My only problem now is that I can't get the hover functionality working that I have set in style tags (removed from CSS and added to HTML page), but everything else in the style tags work fine.

Thanks for your suggestion.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice