1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Embedded images

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Chubbly, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubbly

Chubbly Thread Starter

First Name:
    Peter
    Images embedded in emails are being blocked and all I get is the little square with the little red "x" in it.
    Usually at the top of the email there is a question, having problems viewing images, open email as a web page.
    I find it frustrating and infuriating to have to open emails as a web page every time I want to look at them. My email service is provided by BT Yahoo and I have been told by a BT Yahoo representative that this is because of new security measures in ie 11 and Outlook. Is this really the case and have I really got to open every email as a web page to view the images. When I look at my emails on the BT Yahoo web page the images are also blocked there too.
    This seems to be a relatively new problem, I didn't remember having it a few weeks ago. I have checked my Outlook settings and they are set to download images.
    Could I uninstall ie 11 and install a lesser version, say 10 perhaps? and would that resolve the problem. Have Microsoft done a security update that is causing this to happen and if so could I undo it.
    I am running Windows 7 Professional, Outlook as part of Office Professional 2007, ie 11 and I rely on Microsoft Firewall and Security Essentials for protection and I manually run Malwarebytes Anti-Maleware about once a week.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

My personal recommendation is to use Firefox instead. I find it much more user friendly. There are a lot of addons to make it more functional. I would at least download it for trouble shooting purposes to see if you can see images with it. In my Yahoo mail there is an option to show images.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!