1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Embeded XP - Not Bootting

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by scottyxx, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottyxx

scottyxx Thread Starter

This is likely a very weird request, and will likely go unanswered.

I have a Digital Rapids touch screen PC. It is running embedded windows XP SP2.

The machine was hooked up to a monitor mouse and keyboard to perform anti-virus scanning. Once completed the monitor was unplugged, and the machine restarted to check everything was sorted.

However, on the restart the computer started to a blank screen - black screen. I worked out if you press F8 you can get to safe mode, so i launched it in safe mode and was able to see the screen. I was unable to make any changes to the config of the screen and so selected "boot from last known configuration" since then it seems to keep cycling through the start up.

I am not sure if it is cycling through as the screen is so small, and it goes from black to the "digital rapids" logo, i dont really know.

I am completely unfamiliar with the machine, and was only supposed to do the virus removal. I have no idea how to try and boot it into USB, but have a usb boot disk ready.

Can anyone shine some light on this issue?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice