1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

embeding an audio file

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by deuce, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Ok guys... I know how to "embed" an audio file into a post from a link from a website... but is there a way to "embed" your own audio file with out having your own website or webspace to upload it to? I mean, sorta upload an audio file to TSG to embed in a post?

2. rds33

rds33

You can attach a small .mid file by clicking on Format | Background | Sound. They're not usually more that 15kb or so.

Otherwise, the problem is size. I wanted to attach a Christmas carole to some e-cards last week and finally uploaded the .wma to my web site. The EMBED tag then would [probably] do the job, although I find the OBJECT tag works better for me.

Your ISP probably has a couple MB of web space available for you. If not there are some free hosts. Yahoo's Geocities is one I've used.

Attaching a 3MB [or larger] .wav or .mp3 to an e-mail would not be received very well by most servers. You pretty much have to go the download or streaming audio route.

-rds33

3. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Well this ISP I have now doesn't give out free webspace like USWest did. (back when it was called that) I have also noticed it seems all free hosters don't allow you to link to your account from outsite sites and they tend to dissable your account when you do so. Do you know of some sites that let you do that? So how did you say you attach it? Where is the | Format | tab?

4. rds33

rds33

Yes, you're right, Mike, that free hosting sites offer very limited services, especially with regard to streaming content.

Here's an inexpensive web hosting service worth checking out:

http://www.aplushosting.com/english/products-shared.phtml

See attachment for a screen shot about attaching a sound file to an e-mail.

-Dick

Attached Files:

• a1.png
      a1.png
      File size:
      11.2 KB
      Views:
  5. hewee

hewee

I have AutoTagMaker 1.44c

No more worry about spaces in either files or folders, try it out! Just use the browse button to find the file you want, select the file type,
    the console size, and loops if you want, otherwise the values displayed in the selection boxes will be applied.

NOTE:
    The AutoTagmaker is for email, when attaching asound file from your hard drive.
    It's not for webpages.

It's a .html file

6. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Thanks, both you guys! :D

7. hewee

hewee

Your welcome

8. longboardguy

longboardguy

Where do I find AutoTagMaker?

Thanks everybody for all your Help.

Happy New Year!

9. hewee

hewee

longboardguy,

It was emailed to me so where it came from I don't know.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice