1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

EMM386 has detected error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by tldee, Feb 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tldee

tldee Thread Starter

When I tried to reformat my pc's harddrive, I inserted the master cd and restarted the pc, I recieved this message:
    EMM 386 has detected error #u5 in an application at memory address
    EDE9:E2D6 to minimize the chance of data loss, EMM386 has halted your computer. for more info. consalt your documentation. to restart your computer, press enter.
    I then have to remove the cd, shut down the pc and then restart to get back to windows, I have not found anything in my pc books on this subject. I have windows 98,

2. stretchr

stretchr

I am having exactly the same problem, except with a different error number and memory address. It is intermittent, but when I recently tried reinstalling Win98Se over my current installation, running setup from DOS, it would not complete without posting an EMM386 error. It would get to about the 95% stage of copying files, and then the error would come up. In the end I had to shut down EMM386 in config.sys before I could install. And I am still occasionally getting the error ...

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/27491

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice