1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Empire Earth AOC Internet Connection Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by Volfgang, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Volfgang

Volfgang Thread Starter

I just recently installed EE:AOC onto my laptop and it works just fine. Except for whenever I try to connect to the internet. In the Multiplayer Tab, it says that it can't find the servers to connect to, and no matter what i've tried changing in the settings, it doesn't work. I've downloaded the most recent versions of DirectX and Visual C++ (as stated in another post) and downloaded the most recent patches for the game. Also, when I tried to look for updates for the game, this was what the dialog box said:

Checking Version Information.
    Checking Internet Connection... Success
    Downloading the Message of the Day... Message of the Day not found.
    Looking up Update Servers... Error looking for Update Servers: WS_ServerReq_NoServersSpecified

(WS_ServerReq_NoServersSpecified) also comes up whenever I try to direct connect.

I have Windows Vista and a wireless router.

2. Eli24

Eli24

How recently was this game produced? It may be that this particular games servers have been shut down,

3. Volfgang

Volfgang Thread Starter

The original was made in 2001 and the expansion, 2002, but I know the servers are still up because a friend of mine has the same game and she could get onto the servers just fine.

4. lightnessking

lightnessking

Hey, I can help you with this.

Since the main servers of Empire Earth are officially shut down by Activision© a few empire earth fans created the "new Empire Earth Lobby" which can be found on http://www.save-ee.com

Where you can download the lobby.exe which is a client.
    As soon as you downloaded the lobby look for a moderator / admin / Trichome Lightnessking ( me ) to help you.

PS: Spread the word about Empire Earth ! We currently have daily about 20-150 users online.

(THIS LOBBY IS TOTALY FREE TO USE)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/935473

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice