1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Empire Earth Cant Uninstall

Discussion in 'Games' started by n1ght w0lf, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. n1ght w0lf

n1ght w0lf Thread Starter

I'm having this problem with Empire Earth. I have installed the game several times and evertime i try to uninstalled it, the bar starts and finishes in about second. This being the progress bar for the uninstallation of course.

Now i was wondering, is there any succesful way of uninstalling this game so that i can reinstall??

Any help would be much apprecitated

My friend is also having the smae problem ands i will be posting his stats as well.

Windows ME(also my friend on XP is having the same problem)

320mb on ME, 512mb on XP

32mb Voodoo 3 AGP, Gerforce 4 ti4400 128mb

AMD Athlon 700 mhz, AMD Athlon 2.0 gghz

Thank You.

2. n1ght w0lf

n1ght w0lf Thread Starter

Bump, Anyone know, I really need help with it.

3. McTimson

McTimson

When that progress bar finishes, does it remove the files? Check the Empire Earth directory, and if there aren't any files there, then it worked fine.

To reinstall it, you probably have to delete the registry keys associated with the game. Click Start->Run, type in 'regedit' (without quotes), and hit OK. Do a search (Ctrl+F) for 'Empire Earth', and delete anything that comes up. Oh, but before you do, export your registry just in case you make a change that Windows doesn't like. Click File->Export within regedit, and select the 'All' option at the bottom, and save it to wherever you like.

After that, you might as well delete the entire Empire Earth directory (C:\Program Files\Empire Earth, or whatever you installed it to).

4. charming_mag

charming_mag

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!