Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empire Earth not starting on XP system

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Emplehoffer 
#1 ·
This is a very odd problem and I can't find any instance on the Net of it. I have two systems. both running XP Pro.

System 1:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
Athlon XP 2400+
Kingston 512MB PC2700
PNY Verto GeForce 3 64MB Ti500

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

System 2:

MSI KT-133A
Athlon XP1800+
512MB
Hercules Prophet GeForce 2 MX 32MB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Empire Earth runs fine on System 1, but on System 2 it will install okay, and when I try to launch it, the EE menu and music comes up. When I select "Play Empire Earth" the menu disappears but nothing starts. It just stays on the desktop. I have noticed by opening the Task Manager that "empire.exe" loads, then after about 4 or 5 seconds just disappears from the processes. Thinking it could be a CD drive problem, I have also tried mounting the game image using a virtual drive in Alcohol 120%. Same results.

I've tried different graphics driver versions (running same on both systems) and there's no change. DirectX 9 is also on both systems. I have run SpySweeper but it doesn't help. I have also installed all the XP updates.

Anyone heard of this before?

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, I posted System 2's specs, but perhaps you don't know what the game requires. Empire Earth has pretty minimal requirements for games today. I believe they're something like a Pentium 350MHz with 64MB RAM and a video card with 8MB.

System 2 has an Athlon XP 1800+ with 512MB RAM and a 32MB GeForce 2 video card.

And actually, after making that post, I tried it on System 1 and it's doing the same thing although it worked about a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.