1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Empire Earth problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rjay, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rjay

rjay Thread Starter

I have a problem with a game called empire earth. it doesn't seem to run smoothly. For eg when a plane is flying it does not fly accross the screen smoothly it jumps. Sometimes it jumps more than half the screen.

I have ME, 733, 128, 20gigs, Sound blaster live

2. Sponsor

3. Low Mein

Low Mein

Without more information its a little hard to say for certain but it sounds like a video problem to me. What video card, video drivers and DirectX do you have? Empire Earth is likely to require a fairly high end video card and up to date drivers and DirectX.

4. rjay

rjay Thread Starter

I Think I've got direct x 8.0 I also have a DVD which plays DVD's o.k. Games such as, age of empires, driver, gta2, strong hold, cleopatra, ceasrer III, etc all play fine but Age of Empires does not.
    Hope that Helps.

5. rjay

rjay Thread Starter

Sorry regarding the last post at the end I mean't to say Empire earth, not age of empires. Sorry

6. Low Mein

Low Mein

check what video card and drivers you. You can do either through system devices(start, settings control panel, system, device manager, display adapters) or right click on desktop, properties, settings, advanced, adapters. Once you determine the type of video card (nvidia, ati or something else) check if it is supported by the game (usually included in minimum and recommended requirements) Then check the video driver (highlight display adapter in device manager, properties, driver, driver file details) this will tell you what version you are running. Look on computer manufacturers site for updated driver. If not check for a patch for the game (avault.com is a good game site). Hope something works, its a cool game.

7. Low Mein

Low Mein

A patch for Empire Earth v 1.0.4.0 is available and one of the issues it fixes is: Improved granularity of the mouse - increased the top speed while also better handling accuracy issues on fickle mice. here's the url empireearth.sierra.com/support

8. Basketball43

Basketball43

I dowloaded the demo and everytime it got to the main menu of empire earth my computer would go to sleep or just turn black. Can You tell me what the problem is. Because i ordered the real game and i want it to work not go black at the main you. Please help me!!

9. Basketball43

Basketball43

I dowloaded the demo and everytime it got to the main menu of empire earth my computer would go to sleep or just turn black. Can You tell me what the problem is. Because i ordered the real game and i want it to work not go black at the main you. Please help me!!

10. Basketball43

Basketball43

i am getting the real game and i need to figure out the problem it would be nice if you could help

11. Basketball43

Basketball43

my directx is directx 9.0 that could possibly be the problem i have windows xp

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!