1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Empire Earth Video at Beginning of Game

Discussion in 'Games' started by Holly3278, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hi. I have a Windows XP computer and I am having trouble with my game. My game is Empire Earth. I do not have the expansion on it. Ok, you know the video that comes up on most games at the very beginning? Well, in my game, the video is set too high up on the screen. Half of the video is cut off by the top of the screen. My screen settings are 800 x 600 and I have an LCD monitor. Please help! :confused:

2. Alanspatz

Alanspatz

You need to set your computers display at at least 1024 by whatever. that should fix it..

aj

3. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hi. I changed my screen resolution to 1024 by 768 and it didn't work. The video at the beginning of Empire Earth is still exactly the same. Thanks for helping though. If you have any further suggestions, I will gladly welcome them.

4. Alanspatz

Alanspatz

Sorry that didn't help. Did you try to change the game's video prefrences?

aj

5. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hi. I tried changing the settings within my game to fix the video problem but it still isn't working. Could it be my video driver?

6. Alanspatz

Alanspatz

That could be the prob.. What are your video specs??

aj

7. Matt007

Matt007

8. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hi. As far as I know, I have all patches and updates. I have my computer set to automatically download and install updates from Windows Update so this shouldn't be a problem. Any more suggestions?

9. Matt007

Matt007

I would check to be in the safe side becasue it only downloads Critial Patches and I can't recall if it was classiffied at critial. I think it was just recommended.

10. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hi. I did what you said and checked the Windows Update. I did not find any updates relevant to my problem. Here is a list of the updates that I did find but did not download because I don't need them:

1. Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer (Windows XP)
    2. Euro Conversion Tool
    3. Microsoft .NET Framework

Alright, I would have downloaded those but I don't need them. I don't need Microsoft Journal Viewer because I do not have a computer running Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition. I don't need the Euro Conversion tool because I am not European and I do not have any business with any Europeans. I don't need the Microsoft .NET Framework because as far as I know, none of my computer software requires it.

Other than that, I did not find any other updates. Anymore suggestions?

11. Matt007

Matt007

Ok, yeah same here I downlaoded all but the euro and journal viewer so you are up to date, unless you didn't download todays new 3 patches but none address your problem.

Anyways What video card you using?

12. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hi everyone! I just thought I'd let you know that I finally figured out my problem with the video on my game. I was talking to people about it while in the Networking Lab yesterday and one of the students told me to adjust the screen height by using the menu button on the screen. I did this but reluctantly. I did it reluctantly because I was afraid that it would change the height for everything including the movie and the desktop, etc... However, I did this while the movie was playing and it adjusted the movie but it did not adjust the screen height for anything else. Well, I was relieved to say the least! I finally got to see my game's video the way it was meant to be watched and it was quite interesting! :) Well, it was better than only seeing 3/4 of it anyway. So, I guess Windows XP or maybe my monitor has a feature that allows you to change the height for certain things but not everything. But anyway, I am happy now. Thanks a lot for all your help though!

13. Matt007

Matt007

lol, it always has the most obvious solution! I can't beleive I didn't think of that.

14. Basketball43

Basketball43

I dowloaded the demo and everytime it got to the main menu of empire earth my computer would go to sleep or just turn black. Can You tell me what the problem is. Because i ordered the real game and i want it to work not go black at the main you. Please help me!!

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice