1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Empire Earth video problems...please help!

Discussion in 'Games' started by PatK, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PatK

PatK Thread Starter

Hi....came across you site and there seems to be a lot of helpful people.....so I thought I'd give it a try.
    Here's my problem: Game starts....people start to work...screen freezes.....screen goes black with an error message stating the there was a drive failure. The screen is still black with half of the screen on the bottom left, and the rest of it on the bottom right.

computer specs are:
    1.7 Ghz
    Windows XP 5.1 build 2600
    256M RAM

Video card is an AG315-64
    Manufacturer is SiS
    Chip is: SiS 315 Rev00
    64M RAM

I don't really know a lot about computers.....but I can follow directions. Please help if you can. Thanks

Pat

2. flyeater

flyeater

If you can please post the complete error message.
    Have you checked for patches/updates for this game?

3. PatK

PatK Thread Starter

where can I find the patches?

The failure stated:
    Microsoft windows detected and recovered from a device failure. Please save your work and reboot to restore full functionality.

Actually....the screen is black and white currently.....I need to reboot.

Any ideas?

4. flyeater

flyeater

You can get patch/update info for Empire Earth here . The game has it's own update utility. Connect to the internet then go to Start/Sierra/Empire Earth/update.

From what you've said it may not be an issue with the game. Have you posted the complete error message?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/144067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice