1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Empire Total War Crashing

Discussion in 'Games' started by maracles, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maracles

maracles Thread Starter

I bought Empire Total War today and it appears to work fine for 45-60 mins after which It crashes. There is no blue screen simply a windows error message saying the program needs to close, on further inspection I get the following problem signature:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Empire.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 49a5aaec
    Fault Module Name: Empire.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 49a5aaec
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 005c43c5
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: fd00
    Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
    Additional Information 3: fd00
    Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

My GFX card does not appear to overheat. This is incredibly frustrating and it has already crashed 3 times!! Can anyone help?

Thanks

2. Klompie123

Klompie123

I have the same problem. I have a new computer will all the newest hardware (for as long as it last :)) and installed vista 64bit.

Mine keeps crashing after I have concurred to much land...

Here is the error... Hopefully a new update will fix this...

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Problem signature:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Problem Event Name: APPCRASH[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Application Name: Empire.exe[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Application Version: 1.0.0.0[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Application Timestamp: 49b7b98b[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Fault Module Name: Empire.exe[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Fault Module Timestamp: 49b7b98b[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Exception Code: c0000005[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Exception Offset: 00788923[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Locale ID: 1043[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Additional Information 1: fd00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Additional Information 3: fd00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Read our privacy statement:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    If anyone has an idea let me know.
    Thanks!

3. BarryEvans

BarryEvans

I also have this problem, but it doesnt seem to happen too frequently. The last time it happened it corrupted my autosave. I think its just a cae of waiting for a game update to fix it, something very similar happened on Medievil 2 until they patched the game.

4. Klompie123

Klompie123

I think your right... Checking each day for an update :)

Cheers

5. gatewaypc700

gatewaypc700

Until the new update is released, try turning the settings down a bit.
    James

6. potent

potent

I just started geetting the same thing.

Although I can't imagine its to do with the graphics, I've been playing it for quite a bit since getting it 4 or 5 days ago, I'm in the 1730's now, Sweden claimed war on me so I went to invade... I took over a region, - norway, then some towns and was on my way to taking their main town... I hit end turn, and it cycles through the turns, it does exactly the same thing every time... France move, spain move, then it cycles through the rest, Russia move around a bit, then Sweden move all their men away from mine, and by the time it gets to the pirates it will crash, 3 times in a row now... its quite odd :/

' If ' and I hope it does, this patch fixes it, anyone know when it will be out?
    Really enjoy the game, I'm hopin when I go back on it again sometime tomorrow it will work fine, but having read this I doubt it :(

7. gatewaypc700

gatewaypc700

Man this game has wrecked the sieres!?
    Did the lower setting work?

8. potent

potent

I went on today, instead of continuing, I chose to load from the save I had before the auto save, so second form last save... which was 1724, which was a setback but I went with it... it actually got past the mark it would CTD, I was chuffed, and would suggest it to anyone if they have another save on the same game a few years earlier, it didnt crash to desktop for me anyway...

So I'm going along fine, I've taken over all of Sweden, and now focusing building another army to attack Gibraltar/Spain/France.. I was well happy as I'd got aload of agents and a shed load of new ships and military improvements. Was looking forward to it and felt untouchable... by the time it got to 1938, It cycled through everyone elses turn... it came round to my turn, I clicked all the news things on the bottom left, as soon as I clicked the last one the game froze.. didnt crash to desktop, just froze n wouldnt work again... I loaded the same point (as at this stage I hadnt saved recently, at all even as I felt comfortable that it wouldnt mess up again) so now its pretty much messed my game up..

I'll have to start again, which I won't right now, cause I think its a waste of time putting your time into it only to get f'ed over, but I may if I get that bored.

Really quite dissapointed tbh, I don't know whats worse, the fact its a great game to play and I have not been into such a game like this in ages, yet is hugely let down by it doing this to me, or the fact it waits till ages to crash on you... it couldnt just crash after 4 turns, its after 30,40, sometimes even 60 and more for others. I looked on google, even found the main games forums and a mega thread about people havin this problem, not one person to do with the game seems to have replied to anything. What a joke, nothing else to say really. Just hope theres some help for this soon

9. Klompie123

Klompie123

I have tried al lot of different settings with the video card none work... I think it's really a software issue...

To bad that Sega doesn't beta test it's games properly... The always have this problem look at Football Manager when the bring it on the market you know they will release a patch or 3 in the firts 3 months hehe.

Cheers

10. BarryEvans

BarryEvans

It appears to be a problem with the autosave facility built into the game. Saving regularly appears to help the problem a little. If it crashes you can always go back to a main save rather than loading the corrupted autosave.

11. Klompie123

Klompie123

you might be right, however at some point it keeps crashing...

12. BarryEvans

BarryEvans

Patch released today which fixes among other things the save/load problems. I've played using it and the game no longer crashes :)

13. Klompie123

Klompie123

I started a new game and now it also seem to work fine...

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/806399