empty emails: failed spam?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

americamba

Hi friends,

Every day I get about three empty emails, from: "sender unspecified", to: "none", subject: (no subject).

It seems spooky to me. Am I getting attacked by something or someone? I have Norton antivirus and it doesn't give me any warning.

Or are they failed spams? Any ideas what they are and why?

Should I be worrying?

Thanks, Frank

Next time you get one do a "view source" on it...Ctrl+F3 in OE....See you help file for other mail programs

americamba

Thanks Jack for quick response.

I did the control + f3 thing in Oe and got an empty pane for message source. Now what?

Thanks, Frank

Well then they truley are "blank" mails you should evven be able to see attachments with view source...As far as next step I have no idea..<b>I</b> would make a msfg rule to just delete then onn arrivial..Let us know if you find out any more

Originally posted by DVOM:
Could an email server virus scanner be doing this?
Interesting thought. I'd say fairly unlikely; worst case with Email scanners is <B>usally</B> to change your pop server to "localhost". But well worth looking into.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online