1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Empty File Will Not Delete.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Rhettman5.1, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1 Thread Starter

Win 2K... 160 W/D harddrive partitioned into 4 aprox 40 gig drives C,E,F,G.

I was attempting to load all my Image programs onto the F drive, as they default to C, I was changing the path before I installed them.

I noticed that on the F drive 2 files named "Photo Programs" were showing, so I drug all the programs from one to the other and figured I'd delete the empty one. This seems to have caused problems with the shortcuts, so I decided to uninstall all and start over. Everything went well untill I got to the last empty "photo programs" folder, it will not delete ! I have ran chkdsk , run registry mechanic, defragged, I just get a error message when I try to delete-"Cannot read file: Cannot read from source file or disc" I tried removal from safe-mode, that didn't work either...this is the ONLY folder on that partition, anyone know how to clear it off ? Thanks...Rhett

2. roban

roban

3. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1 Thread Starter

Well, since that was the only folder on the partition, I did a f disk on the drive...THAT got the little bugger :) , guess I am good to go, thanks !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!