1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

emulator

Discussion in 'Games' started by XSkylerX, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. XSkylerX

XSkylerX Thread Starter

i want to play ps2 games and xbox games on my pc and i dont know which emulator to get. does anyone know a good one?

2. GripS

GripS

can't help you with that. Against forum rules.

3. XSkylerX

XSkylerX Thread Starter

i thought that you could buy one though, i just cant remember the name though. it was also a game copier though to back up games.

4. bigk

bigk

From what I've heard emulators are legal >>>IF<<< you own a ps2/xbox console (or any platform) AND you have to own the game for the console to play on the pc.

For example you want to play Halo 2 on the pc. You can, but you got to own the xbox console AND halo 2.

I'm not 100% percent positive though.

Bigk :)

(If a mod has a problem with this reply, please feel free to delete it and private message me.)

5. XSkylerX

XSkylerX Thread Starter

oh ok, well see, thats my case, my parents get mad if i play my ps2 late at night downstairs and i still want to play my games, and all i have upstairs is this pc i build soo yeah, i do own the game and the console, if its illegal though then sorry for asking

6. bigk

bigk

Well, you could leave your play station 2 on down stairs, get a wireless video transmitter, a wireless controller and play from your room....... (I don't know if wireless transmitters can feed to a monitor though. I know they can to tv's.)

But I don't know, I'm sure your parents would find all that. Sooo, I wouldn't recommend it. lol :D

bigk :)

7. XSkylerX

XSkylerX Thread Starter

well see, alls i gots is a crt monitor, my lcd monitor got shot with an airsoft gun =[ do wireless video transmitters work good? parents arent too concerned, i just dont have enough money for a tv =[ by the way, BIGK, a radeon 9550 is a highly overclockable graphics card, core runs at 250 and mem is 200, i overclocked mine to 425mhz and mem to 225 when im gaming, really sped me up in my games. do u overclock it?

8. bigk

bigk

Wireless video transmitters work pretty good as long as the phone, and microwaves are not running and it depends on the frequencies too. 2.4 ghz video transmitter shouldn't interfere with a 4.3 ghz wireless phone for example. but in your case none of those things are usually on and being used at 11:30 at night. Other then that they work pretty good.

No, I've always liked the idea with over clocking but the last thing I want to do is fry every thing.

Bigk :)

9. XSkylerX

XSkylerX Thread Starter

ok cool, and i found out that the radeon 9550 is a down clocked version of the 9600 series, if u look at the board theres some parts that arent soldered, parts that would be on the 9600 series lol. ive only been overclocking for a little while but ill tell you if anything happens. i just run it during my games, im afraid of frying it too lol. so is there anything legal i can use to play my ps2 games on my pc?

10. Whiteninja89

Whiteninja89

There's an emu for ps2 games, but even with a god-like pc, you wont really get playable framerates (think 2-5fps) same for gamecube. Don't even bother with xbox....
    You could get a tv tuner card (most have s-video or composite input) and hook the ps2 up to that on your pc.
    Some systems like xbox and xbox 360 have vga adapters that let you hook it right up to the monitor. I'm not sure if the ps2 has one like this though.

11. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It is illegal, regardless if you own the game and/or console. If the games can be played on the PC, then consoles would be a money waster. And BigK, I'm sure you have been told this before ;)

12. XSkylerX

XSkylerX Thread Starter

i like the idea of a tv tuner card and i think ill go with that, thanx guys. now i need help with what one to buy, whats the defference between something like thisand something like this? why is one so much more expensive than the other?

13. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    playing your PS2 through a TV tuner will work :) There should be some around with the composite plugs (red white yellow) that the PS2 has

14. XSkylerX

XSkylerX Thread Starter

ok, now i need more help, i cant decide whether it would be better to get a normal 22" TV and have the cable, PC, and game console plugged into that & have the audio out to my surround sound sony stereo (i have my pc out to that currently) or to buy a tv card, save up my money for a 22" Wide LCD monitor, have the sound out to my stereo and get a TV card for cable. if i run s-video through a normal tv will i be able to read everything and it look good or would it look like crap? or would an hd lcd monitor be something that would make everything 20 times better? either way im not using the tv's audio

15. Whiteninja89

Whiteninja89

Dont try hooking a pc up to a normal tv, no matter what you will get terrible picture (video might be ok, but you wont be able to read anything)
    You can just use the tv card for console and watching tv
    The console video connection goes into the tv card while the sound goes into the "line-in" port on your sound card (with an adapter)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544361

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice