1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Emulators and Roms

Discussion in 'Games' started by sparky65, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sparky65

sparky65 Thread Starter

Hi does anyone use these things. I heard that you can play all types of games like Play Station games and N64. Where can i find these the web pages all have broken links.

2. weskeng

weskeng

You can go on Kazaa and find all of this kind of stuff. Most have packed up versions w/ a few emulators and hundreds of roms. You can go all the way back to atari and arcade games. Just look up emulators or the system name and plenty should pop up. But remember you should only download games you already bought....or something.
    :D

3. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

As a general rule, it is usually illegal to use emulators for a system that is still being sold new in stores, or games are still being manufactured.
    Not 100% correct, but a good rule of thumb.

4. ohheck

ohheck

5. piscian18

piscian18

side note
    after a horrible bout of nastalgia
    i got curious and checked that stuff out
    the 64 and ps stuff just isn't worth bothering with
    it all testing still. interesting enough www.dcemulation.com has a package of the supposed officially legal snes roms
    hope that helps

6. AtreideS

AtreideS

I used to be into Roms and Emulators back in the olden days. I couldnt afford a N64, so I tried out the emulators. But back then they were still in alpha stages and I'm pretty sure not even now do they work 100%.
    Have a look at the NeoGeo emulators, they are really fun for playing Metal Gear Solid. And for a bit more of a classic time, get a copy of MAME, it allows you to play games from dozens of different arcade machines.

7. weskeng

weskeng

i have never really had any problems with emulators. I recently downloaded all my old systems and all my games and they all work great....N64, nintendo, and snes. I can post the program names if you like but I know these are good working copies...I have enjoyed them myself.

8. sparky65

sparky65 Thread Starter

This is a great site. I am just sick and tired of the other sites that don't help you with computer problems all they just say are some wrong answers. I have a question I did a search for N64 games and PS even though they are buggy can you please tell me where to get them.

9. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Just a tip-scan emulators for viruses before using them, they are one of the types of programs that commonly carry trojans.

10. IgneousPrime

IgneousPrime

http://www.gbxemu.com

HUDE Gameboy Advance Rom site. I would recommend going there. However,I would download the roms like at 12:00 at mig night since their servers have space. They have over 600 roms and counting! They also hae GBA emulators there and some GBX (Gameboy,Gameboy Color) games.

Good Luck.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice