1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

EN keyboard defaults to Arabic-but never installed

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jbst, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jbst

jbst Thread Starter

I'm running Windows 7 on a five-year old Dell Dimension E520. Because of my work I'm using MS Word 97-2003. (Don't ask!) I write in English, but have Italian and French installed to toggle occasionally. I never installed Arabic. BUT as soon as I type the keyboard flips to Arabic. I change it back, it flips again. I'm going insane. In Control Panel/Languages, etc. it only shows EN, IT, and FR as installed. BUT on the toolbar, lower right corner it shows EN, IT, FR, and AR. I can't get rid of it. I can't remove it from Control Panel/Languages, etc. because it isn't listed. I've run avast anti-virus, and two malware scans, malwarebytes and super-antispyware. Nothing shows up. Anyone, I would appreciate any help possible. Thanking you in advance

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

What is your Windows location?

3. jbst

jbst Thread Starter

Windows 7 is installed on C: drive. When I installed Word I chose "Run all from computer" for Int'l Support. Maybe Arabic installed then? The odd thing is, Arabic doesn't show up in my choice of keyboards in Control Panel, but it shows up in lower right corner along with EN, etc. When I put the disc in and choose Modify/Delete I can't find anything about languages, keyboards, etc. I had to move to my laptop, a new Dell Inspiron 15z, and it did the same thing after I installed Word 97. When I did scans with Malwarebytes and Super Anti-spyware they both identified iobit uninstaller as a possible program problem. I've always used it, but its last update forces you to install other stuff, you can't uncheck anything, even in the advanced choice. Not cool. I uninstalled it with Revo uninstaller, but Malwarebytes still says it's there. Hope this helps.

4. jbst

jbst Thread Starter

It still does this intermittently, now it jumps randomly to other keyboard languages. I switch it back and before I can type, it jumps to another language. It's driving me crazy.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1121835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice