1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

En-us has stopped working

Discussion in 'General Security' started by apoostolichick, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apoostolichick

apoostolichick Thread Starter

I have a brand new toshiba laptop model satellite P605-s8823.it 200gb hhd and 3 gig sdram amd turion x2duall core mobile processor rm-70. i dont know if any of that is relevent, but i keep getting this box popping up that says "En-us has stopped working" I havno idea what it is or what it means.Please help. and sorry for anytypig errors and spacing errors my space key dosent work very well.:eek:

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

From the web, this message appears to be related to a program that is running at startup called, TOSCDSPD.exe.

"CD/DVD Drive Acoustic Silencer
    From CastleCopsWiki
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Software supplied by Toshiba to acoustically silence noise vibration from the laptop's CD player due to poorly balanced CD's. The program slows the CD player to reduce the vibration generated noise.

The program may be run all the time, or started when needed. The program runs automatically at startup in the default installation from Toshiba"

More info on it

I'm not sure what would cause the message, but the program is considered non essential.

You can stop it from running by doing
    Start > Run > MSCONFIG
    and UNselecting the entry for that app.
    (most likely looks like C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.EXE)

Reboot. You will get a warning screen about making the change. Select the Don't Show Me Again option.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!