Enable ACHI mode in BIOS?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

extraequipment

Hey all,
I'm new here so just so ya'll know I'm Jason. ;) Anyways, I'm working on trying to create a Hackintosh (yes, it is possible on AMD) but it requires you to change your HD to ACHI mode. I looked in the BIOS and there is no options. Any Ideas?:confused:

managed

Allan
It could be under a section called Sata or Raid. Have a thorough look around the Bios it will be there somewhere.

Do you really have no Anti-Virus program running ?

extraequipment

Nah, I don't believe in that stuff :) . I looked under all of that, but HP has made their bios so streamline that they basically took out all of the advanced features

crjdriver

That is one [of many] problems with big box systems. The bios hides a lot of options. If you are sure you looked and it is not there, then you are out of luck.

BTW get some AV software. You can install a free AV like avast or avira and it does a fine job.

extraequipment

Thx.... I have McAfee sitting around the house somewhere, I've never used antivirus software before. I did once, and I didn't have any virus at all hahaha

crjdriver

There wouldn't be any way to "unhide" those options would there?
The technical answer is yes however it would cost you a LOT more than a new asus mb. You would need to edit the bios file to enable options. This can be done [I used to do this for a number of boards years ago] however it is NOT cheap. I would estimate that it would cost you a min of $500 or so to have it done.

extraequipment

Whoh, seriously? Ouch.... and there isn't some bios update or replacement, Or any way to bypass this?

crjdriver

Whoh, seriously? Ouch.... and there isn't some bios update or replacement, Or any way to bypass this?
I already explained it to you. The bios file needs to be edited with a bios editor. In short you could buy a new asus board, case, high end cpu, and ram for less that it would cost to try and edit a hp bios.

Edit or writing a bios file is not simple work. One misplaced keystroke and you render the board unbootable ie junk.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online