1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Enable Administrator?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jrstoney, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jrstoney

Jrstoney Thread Starter

Hi, I am logger in as Administrator on my Windows 7 machine and trying to Launch an Installer for Office 2007 but it is saying I can't launch because I need to be an Administrator. I\ve gone through all the account settings and I am definitely logged in as Administrator, but it still won't allow me to launch this program. Any thoughts?:confused:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is it an original Office CD?

What version of Windows 7?

What is the exact wording of the error message?

3. Jrstoney

Jrstoney Thread Starter

It's a backup disk but I have all original Product Licence Keys etc. It`s worked in the past on my older computer running XP, and I am trying to now install it on my new computer running Win 7.

When I click "Launcher" I get a small window/box that opens that says "Can't Run" at the top. And then inside the box is reads `You must be an Administrator to install Office 2007`. (FYI: I haven`t had any problems installing any other programs or updates as administrator.)

Windows 7 Version is 6.1 Build 7600

I do have a Trial Version of Office 2010 running. Should I uninstall that first?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Yes; don't know if that has anything to do with the problem, but may as well get rid of it if you are not going to buy Office 2010.

5. Irukku

Irukku

Have you tried right-clicking the setup launcher and selecting "run as administrator"?

Even in an administrator account will full rights, some programs refuse to run if you don't click that option.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!