1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Enable Disk Write Caching.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by renegade X, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. renegade X

renegade X Thread Starter

Hiyas, ok when running bootvis to see my system boot up time I see,"Disk write cacheing is disabled". Now how the heck did I disable this, and how do i reenable? Could this be turned off by default whenever a bad block is detected?

EDIT: I tried to optimize it and the process did nothing.

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

Open My Computer right click your harddrive choose properties then the Hardware tab, then properties again then the Policies tab and see if "Enable write caching on this Disk" is checked off.

3. renegade X

renegade X Thread Starter

Yeah its optimized, but both options are disabled (grey area). This might be due to Local Group Policy objects. I am going to try and log in as domain admin to see.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!