1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Enable Drag And Drop of Files/Folders Windows7 Registry

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TheZeDD, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheZeDD

TheZeDD Thread Starter

Jul 1, 2002
    Enable or Disable, either or and one can figure the other, but Enable or Disable Drag and Drop of Files/Folders in EXPLORER via the Registry. This is NOT about the desktop, NOT the Internet, Not the StartMenu. That should surely narrow it down i hope :D

I have a similar post but not for WIndows Xp but not Windows 7 and while I am told its similar for XP/7 I have not found the case..... Vista I am told is slightly different yet. But, I am looking for registry edit/tweak under a similar key such as in the HKCU or HKLM as listed (should be close):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Whether I was off on the timing/correation I have tried the following Keys/Subkey names: EnableDragDrop, DisableDragDrop, DragDrop, DragAndDrop....... noe of these seem to have an effect.

I toyed with these but were not any of the issue (or before): HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones.......

- Thank You!
  2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Apr 4, 2003
    I think you are looking for DropHandler but you will find DropHandler plenty of times in the registry.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061317