1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Enable fast write?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PODNickerz, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PODNickerz

PODNickerz Thread Starter

Hello

My graphics card has fast write but it is disabled and i was wondering how i can enable this?
    I have tried looking in the bios but there is no fast write option...

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

PODNickerz,

If you do not know what graphics card you have, download Everest Home (free) from http://www.lavalys.com . It will tell you everything about your hardware.

Then let us know what graphics card you have! OS would help too!

-- Tom

3. PODNickerz

PODNickerz Thread Starter

Oh alright then
    its a
    Geforce 2 MX 400 64 RAM
    P4 1.80 GHZ 256RAM
    OS is XP PRO

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

PODNickerz,

The capability to write fast may be related to the combination of your mobo and vid card. I could not find anything relating to write fast and your vid card - it may be that there's a really good reason it is disabled by default. Also, fast writes really don't offer much of a performance boost and can cause complications.

If your main purpose is gaming, then a gamer forum might have more detailed information regarding what you a looking to do if it is at all possible.

-- Tom

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/385469

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice