1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Enabling And Disabling Raid

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by coolkenny13, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolkenny13

coolkenny13 Thread Starter

so i downloaded another windows xp copy , but while the setup was on , it said copying files.It came to this file "viamraid.sys" and said could not copy.Press Enter to retry or press ESC to skip.

This is ultimately my end problem. Here is a list of troubleshooting efforts that I have already attempted with no success..

Bfore asking for help here, i did an intensive search on google related to this problem.They said try going in the bios and chaging the settings from raid to non-raid.

Normally whne you have all this raid ********, we need to insert a floppy drive in our hard disk and when windows is setting up we need to press F6 in the beginging so that it can take drivers from the floppy and copy it.But i disable this in the bios section i can skip all these things, and theres 80% chance of bypassing the viamraid.sys.My question is what does raid really do.this is what a guy has said on another forum

will tht help , and please tell me what does raid do and on disabling it what will happen.I already have windows xp and im trying to install another one as backup.So basically i want a dual install. Also if i hav to go in the bios how do i???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/519021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice