Enabling APM in XP (related to shutdown issues)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BugMaster

How do you install APM in XP? In 98, my computer had it. I did clean install. I enable APM in the bios setup, and it isn't in xp. I need it to resolve the "It is now safe to turn off your computer" problem with shutdown. Every time I shut down, i have to hit my standby power button, shich reboots computer, then I have to hold it for 5 seconds. This probably harms the computer... I do have hibernation enabled. No APM in device mgr or in power properties. No apps installed.

Is you hardware on the Microsoft's compatibility list for XP? Even if it is you may still need a BIOS update to correct APM. To get the BIOS update go to the manufacture's web site of your PC or motherboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online