1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Enabling Wireless capabilities?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by carnivalofbunnie, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carnivalofbunnie

carnivalofbunnie Thread Starter

Hello guys,

I've got an acer AMD laptop with built-in wireless capability. I've never had any problem at all connecting to the internet.

Recently, I've had to put in a new hard drive, and after reloading my operating system, I realise that I can't use wireless anymore. If I go to View Network Connections, there is only an icon for a wired LAN connection. I've tried to create new connections, but it doesn't work.

If I click that little clear light-up button in the front to enable/disable internet, it doesn't do anything... it doesn't light up orange, and I don't get the words that normally flash up to tell me that it is enabled or disabled.

Is there anything I can do to make the wireless work again?

Thanks!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Get from Acer for your model the chipset and networking drivers and install the chipset first. Then get any other drivers that you are missing. Device Manager is the place to go to see all your devices that are missing drivers.

3. carnivalofbunnie

carnivalofbunnie Thread Starter

Thanks, but I've tried that. I even got driver detective to make sure I didn't miss out on anything.

Still, I can't enable wireless at all, and I've just noticed-- my sound isn't working either. The system does make sounds, but the computer won't play music.

Any other ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/762494

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice