Encarta 2006 Premium

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JenniferPet

I am real novice at installing new programs:-
I currently have Encarta 2005 Premium Reference Library.
I received for Xmas "Encarta 2006 Premium, with 6 CD's and 1 DVD.

Question?
When I install the new 6 CD's, does it update the 2005? Or does it put a new Icon on the desktop and leave the old version on the desktop, also.
What is the extra DVD?

If the New Encarta 2006 and the old Encarta 2005 remain on the desktop, should I delete the older version?
I am so reluctant at installing, as I had problems before installing later versions of a software.
Sorry that I sound so "stupid" but I could not get a response from Microsoft. I also thought then when you install a later version of a software, it leaves the older one still on the hard drive, but just updates the older version?

The single DVD will contain the same data as the 6 CD's (a DVD just holds more)

The CD's are provided in case the user does not have a DVD drive.

It will not "update" any more than buying a 26 volume set of encyclopaedia books would update an older version. They replace.

Its a full version, its separate to the 2005 version. Not sure if it will offer "removal" of the old version when installed, but you will know when you try. If in doubt uninstall the old version first. Read the instructions to be certain?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online