1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Encoding errors, cannot burn DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Surb, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surb

Surb Thread Starter

When trying to burn a DVD with Magix Photostory 8, I continue to get an encoding error. The following is the last lines of the log for 2 separate attempts:

078: Step 4 of 6, Creating DVD image...Error: 84F
    468: MDA reports error 0x84000fb4 - read file from source failed

656: Step 4 done
    656: ERROR: PrepareDVDVideoFiles() failed with errNo 5 - encoding failed
    781: !!! DBK error in BurnProject: 45 - movie encoding failed !!!

I've tried several changes/adjustments to my transitions, photos, etc, but get the same results. My burner will copy another DVD so I know it is working properly. I have uninstalled & re-installed Photostory but doesn't the results. I've struggled with this program for weeks! Does anyone have a suggestion about how to correct this?? I've sent requests for help on their forum but they don't respond. Their forum has over 4800 requests....less than 900 have been answered. Some questions are over a year old. How does this program get a #1 rating?? Does anyone have experience with this program? I appreciate your help.

My computer:

Dell DHP , Win XP w/svc pack 3
    Pent 4, 2.8 GB 1.5 GB RAM
    250 GB Maxton HD, 500 GB Seagate ext. HB

2. antimoth

antimoth

I have no experience with your program, but it sure sounds like junk. Maybe it is choking on the image files being too large. If you have photo software, resize all the images to 1000 pixels and save them in a new folder. Then redo the slide show and see if the DVD will compile.

3. Surb

Surb Thread Starter

Thanks for your response, Antimoth! Since my file consists of 129 photos (Half are B & W), plus transitions & music, I'm a little reluctant to do what you suggest. My time would probably be better spent starting over using another program. So unless someone familiar with Magix Xtreme Photostory 8 reads this, I'm probably up the creek! This program is rated #1 in it's category but has absolutely NO customer support. Incredible?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915029

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice